Sunday, August 31, 2008

Two Tankees On Base and a Third at 2B at Fenway

This is beautiful Fenway Park and the first time I got to see a game there. This adds to my collection of ballgames at old historic ballparks: Yankee Stadium, Cleveland Municipal Stadium, Brigg's Field (Tigers Stadium), County Stadium, Wrigley Field and the original Comiskey Park (the latter two from where I was born and raised). I have to say that both Fenway and Wrigley are the best ballparks in existence today.

This picture shows Jacoby Ellsbury and Dustin Pedroia on base, just before Ellsbury scored on a Youkilis hit. Alexei Ramirez is at second. They are on my fantasy baseball team, the currently 2nd place, Tankees. Stats are great to discuss and dissect, but actually seeing the National Pastime in a ballpark that beautiful between two contending teams, both among my favorites, is a moment to treasure.







No comments: